Arthurgin Events Limited
Terms & Conditions
- By submitting your entry into any Tough Enough Events you are agreeing to the conditions of the event and also agree to abide by these Conditions of Entry, the Event Conditions and any instructions given to you by the organisers and officials of the Event.
- Entrants must use their FULL name when registering. If they do not, registration will be delayed and/or refused entry on the day.
- Entrants will take part only if medically fit on the day.
- An email address is required for all entries. All correspondence will be via email. A separate email address for each participant is required.
- You can order on behalf of someone else as well as yourself, but you will need to supply all the email addresses to ensure race info goes to correct runner.
- All documents and order confirmations will be sent via email. Please check your spam folder or add our domain to your whitelist. Your order can be viewed HERE. If you still cannot view the order, please contact us via our contact form HERE.
- All participants must provide their full name and details of any health problems or medication upon entry during registration
- You are responsible for taking out suitable personal insurance cover for your participation in the event, and you must provide a copy of your insurance certificate to Arthurgin Events Ltd if requested.
- Entrants need to be 16 years old on the day of the race. Everyone aged 16 & 17 will need to provide parental written consent for their participation this must be signed prior to the day and produced at registration. Where insurances permit we do sometimes allow children from the age of 4 to run with a guardian and the guardian must agree.
- If you have not received your confirmation email, please check your spam folder or add our domain ‘toughenoughraces.co.uk’ to your whitelist.
- Race information, including race numbers and start times will be sent on Thursday 29th March 2019. If you do not receive by 23.59hrs on 29th March please do check you junk/spam filers for sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- During the checkout, you must state which t-shirt size you and any other participants. If you do not, they will be given a random size. If you do forget during the checkout process, please notify us as soon as possible as we are unable to make changes once the t-shirt order has been placed with our supplier. We use your size as a guide when ordering and can not guarantee your t shirt size on the race day.
- You are not permitted to use the following items in the Event:
- any artificial aid;
- any pets or animals;
- any other item that could potentially inhibit the flow or safety of other participants or which we, in our reasonable opinion, deem may cause danger or risk of danger to you or other participants.
- Baby joggers, baby strollers, Nordic sticks, or any wheeled device will not be permitted on the course unless agreed with the organisers in advance.
- Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, security officers and city officials throughout the duration of the event.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event. This means, for example, that urinating or defecating anywhere on or near the course shall be strictly prohibited except in toilet facilities. Anyone violating this rule of conduct shall be disqualified from the event and will be asked to leave the course.
- Every participant shall be provided with an event bib number, which shall be conspicuously worn on the front during the event. The event bib number is to be worn as issued. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the event without the appropriate bib number. It is important that the medical details on the back of this bib is filled in prior to commencing the race.
- All participants must acknowledge and agree that personal information (including medical information entered at checkout or collected by event medical staff during or after the Event) can be stored, used and disclosed by the Arthurgin Events Ltd in connection with the organisation, promotion and administration of the event and for the compilation of statistical information.
DURING THE RACE
- Any participant who refuses to obey the directions of the event official, course marshal, or who conducts himself/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner, or who is offensive by action or language to officials, volunteers, participants or spectators may be disqualified from the event and banned from future participation in any Tough Enough Races event at the discretion of race officials.
- Any participant who has been found by a course marshal, event official or surveillance equipment to have gained an unfair advantage by intentionally shortening the route of the race (“cutting the course”) shall be immediately disqualified from the event and banned from future participation in any Tough Enough Races event at the discretion of race officials.
- Participants are responsible for their recognition and understanding of event signage, symbols and colour relating to participant maps, facilities and direction.
- Medical personnel authorised by the event to do so may examine any participant who appears in distress. If in the sole opinion of authorised medical personnel, it is in the best interest of the participant’s health and welfare, medical personnel may remove the participant from the event.
- Participants must retire at once from race if ordered to do so by a member of the event’s official staff, official medical staff, or any governmental authority, including fire and police officers.
- Participants are responsible and assume liability for any and all medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participation in the event, including but not limited to ambulance transport, hospital stays, physician and pharmaceutical goods and services.
- Event officials reserve the right to delay, cancel, or suspend the race due to inclement weather in accordance with Emergency Protocol on severe emergencies and/or inclement weather. No refund will be issued in these circumstances.
- You will receive your medal and t-shirt upon completing the race.
- Entrants agree that the race Organisers, Sponsors and others connected with the race will not be liable for any injury or illness as a result of the race, nor for loss, damage or expense to property, prior to, during or after the event.
- Entrants understand that in the unlikely event of the race being canceled for any reason, including weather, or if you withdraw your entry, no refund will be due.
- Personal information provided will be dealt with in accordance with Data Protection Act. We will only share your details with our chip timing company ‘Gale Force Events LTD’. By entering an event, you are allowing us to share your name and race number.
- Entrants will get dirty and wet. Technical breathable fabrics are perfect for this event and are strongly recommended. Remember, cotton gets heavy when wet.
- It’s your choice of what footwear you choose, however, a normal running shoe should be suitable.
- Failure to return chips will result in a charge of £10 being levied by our service provider.
- Arthurgin Events Ltd is not responsible for any third-party organisations that may provide other services at the event. You use any such services at your own risk
- The Organiser at their discretion reserves the right to disqualify a participant at any time.
- In no case shall any liability (other than for death or personal injury) of the Organiser, its staff, agents or contractors arising from acts or defaults at or near the course or otherwise in respect of the Event include any liability for indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You agree to photographs and video being taken at the event and that any images of you may be used by the Event Organiser in any media regarding the event and to market and advertise the event or any other similar events.
By registering you are agreeing to any data provided being used by the Event Organiser to contact you regarding their other events.
- Please check these terms and conditions regularly. We can update them at any time without notice.
- These conditions are subject to English Law and Jurisdiction.
PRIVACY & COOKIES
Your privacy is of the highest importance to us. Arthurgin Events Ltd is committed to keeping your personal data safe and being transparent about what personal data we hold and how we use it.
We ensure that your information is processed in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data. This policy explains:
- What personal data we collect about you;
- How we use and store your personal data;
- Your rights; and
Collecting personal data
This privacy notice sets out how we process personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, in line with current data protection legislation and other applicable laws. We will treat all your personal data as confidential, however we reserve the right to disclose this data in ways set out in this privacy notice.
Personal Information (or “data”) is any information that can be used to identify you. It can for example, include your name; date of birth; email address; postal address; phone number; payment card details and medical information.
Data Protection law recognises that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive. This is known as sensitive personal data and covers health information, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs and political opinions. We do not usually collect such sensitive personal data about our supporters unless there is clear reason for doing so, such as participation in our events or similar events to ensure we provide appropriate facilities and support. We will however always make it clear to you that we are collecting this sensitive personal data and the reasons for it.
Personal data we may collect and process:
- Your full name and your title;
- Date of birth;
- Postal address;
- Telephone numbers;
- Email address;
- Bank or payment card details;
- Dietary requirements;
- Medical information;
- Photographs of individuals;
- CCTV footage of those entering our premises;
- Records of correspondence with us;
- Information you enter onto our websites.
We collect data in the following ways:
- Information you give to us: We collect information from you when, for example, you email us, contact us about our activities, engage with us on social media, phone us, registering to take part in a challenge event, or use our services. Sometimes when you support us your information is collected or processed by a third party for us, for example electronic communication facilitators, database providers and event registration software. Where they are doing so purely for Arthurgin Events Ltd, we will remain responsible for your information at all times and they will not be permitted to use your personal information for their own marketing. We collect only the personal data necessary for the purpose it is being collected, stored and processed.
How we use your personal data
The ways in which we use your data depend on why you have provided it. We may use your data in the ways set out below:
- To provide you with the information, support, services or products you have requested from us, including such things as registration into a specific event or merchandise from the Tough Enough Events;
- To respond to your enquiries;
- To provide you with information which may interest you, such as newsletters, details of volunteering opportunities and updates on our work;
- To maintain a record of your relationship with us and for internal administrative purposes (including accounting);
- To administer and process payments, including to claim Gift Aid on your donations, and to fulfil the related legal requirements;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- To improve how we communicate with you.
- To keep in contact with you in ways you have requested or agreed to.
- Notify you about changes to our services or policies;
- For Direct Marketing by email, post or telephone. We may occasionally include information from other organisations who we partner with on various campaigns or projects. More information on how we use your personal data for marketing purposes can be found under the “Marketing” section in this policy;
If you register or have registered to take part in Tough Enough Events we will also use your data to:
- Administer your online account;
- Send you important information about the event including health and safety information;
- Provide our sponsors and event partners with your data if you have consented to us doing so and to receive marketing communications from them;
- To monitor, develop and improve the services we provide to you and your experience of the Tough Enough Races website.
At Arthurgin Events Ltd we want to ensure that you receive the level of marketing communications from us that are right for you, and contain the information you want to receive. The ways in which we market through various channels are set out as follows:
- Email and Text Marketing: If you actively and explicitly consent to us contacting you by email and by text for marketing purposes, and provided us with an email address and/or phone number, we may contact you by these methods about our work, upcoming events and activities and volunteering opportunities.
If you sign up to the Tough Enough Races and associated events, we have a legitimate interest to contact you about similar commercial products and services, which we think you may be interested in.
You can update your preferences to tailor the information you want to receive, by clicking the ‘update my preferences’ link at the end of our marketing emails or by getting in touch at email@example.com
You can opt out of these communications at any time by getting in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our marketing emails.
- Post and Telephone Marketing: If you have provided us with your address and phone number we may send you mail or phone you about our work unless you have told us you would prefer not to receive such information. We do actively check phone numbers against the Telephone Preference Service. If your number is on this list we will not contact you by phone unless you have expressed specifically to us that you consent to receive such calls from us.
Retaining your personal data
We retain your personal data only for as long as is required to operate our services in accordance with legal and tax requirements. Once we no long require your data in order to fulfil a service you have asked for, to provide you with the customer service and communication that you would expect, or to satisfy legal requirements we will delete it in a secure manner. If we are relying on consent for a particular method of data processing, we will contact you to renew consent at reasonable intervals.
Sharing personal data
Arthurgin Events Ltd may disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To provide you with products or services that you have requested, for which we use a separate company to fulfil those services or supply the products.
- If you signed up to any of the Tough Enough events, with your consent we may share your personal data with specific third parties for the purposes of marketing to you directly.
We will only share your personal data with third parties who comply with relevant data protection legislation, and we will ensure appropriate controls are in place. We regularly monitor their activities to ensure they continue to comply with law and with our policies.
We will never share, sell or swap your personal data with any third parties for the purposes of their own marketing unless you have explicitly consented to us sharing your data with specifically named third parties.
We will ensure your personal data is only accessible by appropriately trained staff or contractors.
Legal basis & legitimate interest
When we process your personal data, we will ensure this is done in accordance with at least one of the legal grounds stated within Data Protection Law. These consist of the following:
- We have obtained your affirmative and specific consent to use your personal data for a previously notified purpose, which may include sending you electronic direct marketing by email or text, or to provide you with a product, a service or information that you have requested;
- We shall however, always balance our legitimate interests against your rights as an individual and data subject to ensure we use your data in a way you would reasonably expect in accordance with this policy and which does not intrude on your privacy or preferences. Examples of how we may use our legitimate interests include:
- To send you marketing material to you by post or telephone;
- To maintain a record of our relationship with you;
- For administrative purposes;
- To protect our business against fraud and other risks;
- Maintain our customer database and systems.
- Processing your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract, such as to provide you with products or services you have purchased or requested (For example, if you register into The General Winchester);
- We have a legal obligation to use or disclose information relating to you, for example, if we were ordered to do so by a court or regulatory authority;
- Processing is necessary to protect your vital interests; or
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task which is carried out in the public’s interest, or in exercising official authority.
Your debit and credit card details
If you use your credit or debit card to pay for registration in an event either online or in person, we will ensure that this is done securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/pci_security/
We do not store your credit or debit card details at all after the transaction is complete.
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer by websites that you visit, to help websites work more efficiently and provide us with information. There are four reasons cookies may be stored on your device when visiting a website owned by Arthurgin Events Ltd:
- To enable the website to work correctly for you so you can use the online services provided;
- To remember your preferences and to make the website easier for you to use;
- To enhance the facilities and information on our website; and
- To collect data about your use of our website which are anonymised and used to improve our website.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are essential for you to be able to use certain key functions of the website, such as registering in the event.
- Third Party Cookies – These cookies collect information if you use social media sites or share a page from our website. Some of our pages contain embedded content such as YouTube videos and Twitter & Facebook likes, so you may receive cookies from these websites.
Please be aware we cannot control third party cookies. You can block cookies via the settings on your browser, however this may limit your access to certain websites including our site. To understand more about these third party cookies and their privacy policies please visit the relevant websites below.
|Third Party||Policy Location|
You can find further information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you send any inappropriate, offensive or defamatory content on our website or social media platforms, we may use your personal data to inform relevant third parties including your internet provider or law enforcement.
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have rights as an individual in relation to the information we hold about you.
You have the right to request that we delete your personal data and stop processing it, if this processing is not necessary/legally required for the purpose you provided it to us then we will do so.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we are processing about you by making a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we hold personal data about you, we will:
- Provide a description of the personal data we hold;
- Explain why we are holding the personal data;
- Inform you who this personal data has been shared with;
- And give you a copy of the data.
We do not charge a fee for this service, however we reserve the right to charge reasonable fees for additional copies of information that have already been supplied to you, and for requests that are manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive. You can make a subject access request by emailing us as email@example.com
You have the right to request that your personal data is transmitted electronically to another company in certain circumstances.
If we hold inaccurate or out dated personal information relating to you, you have the right to ask us to rectify that information.
You have the right to request that we do not, or refuse us permission to, process your personal data for the purposes of marketing. We will inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use if for marketing purposes or if we shall share your personal data with third parties.
You have the right to ask us not to continue to process your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org Where you have opted in to receive marketing correspondence, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time or update your preferences of the types of marketing you receive. This can be done via the instructions contained in the marketing correspondence, or by contacting us directly.
To speak to us about any of the above rights please get in touch at email@example.com
Links to other websites
This privacy notice is not applicable to links within our websites which link to other websites not owned by Arthurgin Events Ltd. Please read the privacy statements on other websites, which you visit.
If you would like to make a complaint about the way we have processed your data, or the information provided in this notice, please contact us at info@toughenough races.co.uk
Changes to this policy
We regularly review this privacy notice and will make any changes available on this page. If we make any significant changes, we will notify you by email. By continuing to use this website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes. This privacy notice was last updated July 2018.
We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.